Magnesium is the most important nutrient responsible for filling of grains among grains and related seed crops. it has numerous roles in enzyme reactions as in improving receptivity of flowers and essential oil synthesis and is closely associated with energy-supplying phosphorous compounds for active root growth.
Deficiency shows leaf with mottled chlorosis with veins green and leaf web tissue yellow or white, appearing first on old leaves. severely affected leaves may wilt and shed off and leaves are commonly brittle.
- Key element of chlorophyll production.
- Improves utilization and mobility of phosphorous.
- Activator and component of many plant enzymes.
- Very mobile in plant.
- Vitalrole in photosynthesis.
- Directly related to grass tetany.
- Increases iron utilization in plants.
- Influences earliness and uniformity of maturity.